Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hari Ibu Haram?

Okay, first of all, there are just the points from a typical non-muslim, who knows nothing much about Islam.


But still, do correct me if I'm wrong! :)


Celebrating mother's day is forbidden among Muslims. Here's why :-






Well, to me, as long as you start this off with a good intention, that is to show your appreciation to your own mother, celebrating mother's day doesn't seem wrong to me.


Imagine that, your mother she was pregnant for 9 months, gave birth to you, and she fed you and raised you up all these years. Shouldn't we do something special to show our mothers our love, and that we really appreciate them?




A good intention.
That's the word that defines the whole meaning of celebrating mother's day. You celebrate it because you love your mother, and that's quite the whole story. Not because of other religious matters.


To me, celebrating mother's day, or Hari Ibu, shouldn't be considered as 'haram'. Simply because it does not necessarily mean we are embracing other religions if we celebrate mother's day.


Yes, mother's day was originated from the Greek, to honour Cybele. But over the years, the true meaning of celebrating mother's day, I believe, had changed. Mother's day that we are celebrating today is no longer a day to honour the goddess, but a day that we show our love, and affection to our mothers.


Yet,
if this is to show our love and affection to our mothers, then this can be done on every other day too. Not just on mother's day only, but any other normal days as well. There should not be any special occasion or time for us to show our moms that we love and appreciate them, right? Love your mom, and remember her all the time. :)


All in all, to me, Hari Ibu shouldn't be considered as 'haram', IF we are celebrating it with a good intention- to show some love! :D





At least, this is what I think about Hari Ibu. Feel free to drop your comments here! Do correct me if I'm wrong.
I love you, mom. :)

No comments: